Position: 25-40 hours per month, non-exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: 120 West Tupper, Buffalo, NY.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience ($20.00/hour to $25.00/hour)
Position Overview: The Office Manager is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the Foundation including supporting the grant application process, finances and bookkeeping, technology, Board of Directors communications and other tasks as needed.
The James H. Cummings Foundation is a private foundation providing funds to organizations in Buffalo, NY, Hendersonville, North Carolina and Toronto to support medical research, science and education, services to vulnerable youth and services to older adults/vulnerable adults. There are four grant cycles per year.
- Maintain and update the grants management system (Foundant)
- Communicate with grantees for acceptance and approval of Letters of Intent, Grant Applications, Requests for Payment and Final Reports
- Update Letter of Intent and Grant Applications as necessary
- Maintain files (paper and electronic) of all grants and organization receiving funding
- Maintains Quicken Accounting schedules and coordinates payment of all monthly invoices for operating expenses including payroll and quarterly taxes
- Coordinates monthly requests for payment from grantees
- Maintains monthly Statement of Grants
- Reconciles monthly bank statement and updates monthly investment spreadsheet
- Prepares necessary materials for annual financial audit and taxes
- Assists with scheduling and preparation of materials for quarterly Board meetings including setting up technology as required
- Maintains minutes of meetings
- Completes all correspondence both pre and post Board meetings
- Coordinates all office correspondence
- Orders office supplies
- Maintains website including updating information as necessary
- Coordinates travel for Executive Director and Board as needed
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education needed to perform job functions. A successful candidate will be highly motivated, able to take initiative, work independently and solve problems. Experience in the nonprofit sector is preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated proficiency organizing and managing multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Able to anticipate what needs to be done, demonstrates strong sense of purpose and takes initiative. Honors deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Teams, Outlook, Quicken Accounting Software and Zoom. Ability and willingness to learn new software as required.
- Aptitude for data entry, website maintenance and general administrative tasks.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Flexible and collaborative.
- Has access to reliable transportation either private or public. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Please send resumes and cover letters (no phone calls please) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2021.
James H. Cummings Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer