Now that you have an understanding of what and where the Foundation provides funding, here is an overview of the application process and the application cycle.
- All applications begin with the Letter of Intent (LOI) and must be submitted through our online portal.
- The Foundation’s Board of Directors meets four times per year to review applications.
- Grant requests for Buffalo, Toronto, and Hendersonville are reviewed at different times throughout the year. For more information, refer to the key dates outlined below.
- Foundation staff will make site visits for all accepted grant requests.
- If funding is awarded, organizations must submit proof of paid expenditures through the online portal to receive payment. Requests for payment must be submitted by the 15th of each month. While partial payments of grants is acceptable, we ask the requests be in the amount of $5,000 or more when feasible.
- After receiving a grant, the Foundation requires that the receiving organization shares a final grant report that outlines the expenditures and evaluates outcomes associated with the grant. Grantee accountability, in this respect, will influence future grant request consideration by the Foundation.
2023 / 2024 Key Dates
The Foundation’s Board of Directors meets four times per year to review applications. Grant requests for Buffalo, Toronto, and Hendersonville are reviewed at different times throughout the year. The key dates are outlined below and updated annually.